Tour Guide Job Description
Obsidian Expeditions is looking for safe, professional, and conscientious tour guides with outgoing and authentic personalities for the 2022-2023 winter season.
Based in Jackson, WY, you will lead customers on guided tours to some of the most iconic historic and scenic places in Grand Teton and Yellowstone National Parks.
You will provide educational and fun tours helping to bring the National Park experience to life! Join a great team of professionals who love what they do, love the product, and love working for a company that CREATES LIFELONG MEMORIES for our guests!
A cover letter, resume, and three letters of reference are required. Obsidian Expeditions is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer.
We seek fun, safety-minded, self-motivated guides with excellent customer service and communication skills. You will share the cultural and natural history of the Greater Yellowstone Ecosystem while providing a high-energy, interactive, and educational experience for our guests. You will drive on paved, unpaved, and snow-covered roads and lead a series of short hikes (typically less than ½ mile each) to help our guests explore various points of interest. You may endure unpredictable weather and high altitudes and drive 4-8 hours/per day. We provide extensive training and seasonal positions that typically last between 3 to 5 months, with some flexibility regarding start and end dates. The winter tour season starts December 15th and ends in early April.
- Three (3) years of previous professional guide experience
- Clean Driving Record (no major moving violations)
- At least 25 years old
- Valid drivers license
- CPR & First Aid Certification
- Able to pass a drug screen and background check
- Good physical condition (Able to frequently, quickly, and easily get in and out of a van, walk 2-3 miles daily on uneven terrain, and lift 35 lbs.)
- Certified to work in the U.S. without restrictions for any employer
- Must be housing secure
Perks & Benefits:
- Flexible schedule
- Full and part-time jobs available
- Great cash tips!
- $22.50-$33.50 per hour (with an end-of-season bonus based on performance)
- $500 training and certification reimbursement
- $50-$500 per tour in gratuities
- Easy-going, flexible, and patient; not easily agitated (or at least not showing it!)
- Reliable and responsible; able to work unsupervised, make quick decisions, and manage continually-changing situations wisely & professionally
- Experientially educated; able to recite facts accurately & improvise on the fly
- Sense of humor; quick to smile, laugh and put others at ease
- Dependable and punctual; showing up on time when scheduled
- Good communication skills; promptly responding to texts, emails & phone calls
- Available to work a minimum of 2 days/week between December 15, 2022, thru April 2, 2023
- Computer savvy; with basic computer, email, word processing, and social media skills